Saturday, May 25, 2013

New York's Eve

Tonight is considered a holiday in my world. Anxiously waiting for tomorrow can come so I can fly into New York City where all my hopes, dreams, and aspirations will come true. Talk about putting a lot of pressure on a situation. But if I had to sum up my feelings about this next big adventure in my life the only word I could use to describe this feeling is numb. I don't really feel anything right now. My brain is a soupy bowl of mush. I'm pretty sure the only thought that is running through my head is, "how can I squeeze one more pair of shoes in my suitcase?". In addition to feeling numb, I also have a list of concerns about NYC. In no particular order here they are:

1. What do I do if I get mugged?
2. What do I do if I get kidnapped?
3. Can I survive off Ramen noodles?
4. Is it possible to eat out on a budget?
5. Will I ever feel lonely?
6. Will I make new friends?
7. Does McDonald's have a dollar menu?

This is a varied list from extreme to not extreme, but all very valid concerns.

So I encourage my friends and family to follow me on my journey through NYC. Read about my struggles and triumphs as I navigate the city while I channel my inner SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker/Carrie Bradshaw). My goal is to make the most of my 6 weeks in NYC and live as epically as possible. I want to challenge myself to meet new people and experience things I would normally never even consider. I will try my best to be as candid as possible all while being irresistibly fabulous.

"If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere"


1 comment:

  1. C-Helsey You are going to have such an amazing time and would expect nothing less than EPIC-NESS from you! Learn as much as you can and have so much fun. When all else fails, 'Sarah mean mug it' :) You will be fine! (ps. also love the the quote, listen to that song a repeat!)

    ReplyDelete