Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thoughts at the Apple Store


Apple Store


Well my first four days in NYC have been a success. Well maybe more of like the Junior Gemini roller coaster, at Cedar Pointe, so nothing too intense. Some of my biggest challenges have been

o   learning the subway – I have spent far too much money going the wrong direction
o   buying groceries is annoying because you have to carry them and I am weak
o   finding bars that have good specials – luckily last night I think I found the bar I will claim as my own
o   my phone taking a shit on me as well as my computer charger – hence why I am at the apple store

I have met some pretty cool people in my building and by some I mean two. No one really wants to venture out and meet new people. The first is Leann who is from Buffalo. She’s cool but not 21 so how much time I actually spend with her will be limited. Then there is Anna Kay from South Carolina and has many monogrammed clothing items. She’s not in a sorority but I would totally send the dingy for her. We actually discovered the bar the we will call out own, The 13th Step. It is practically 13 steps away from our dorm which is perfect for us to stumble home to. I am getting anxious to try new places and venture out of East Village but I want to do that with someone who knows the city. Which leads me to my first NYC encounter with an adorkable dude named Chris. He is an RA on the first floor. He offered to take me around the city and show me is favorite spots. He plays drums in a jazz band and often frequents the many jazz bars in the city. He also slipped in there that he had a girlfriend who is living with him in his dorm but this weekend she is moving out and heading to Switzerland for the summer. I’ll keep him on the back burner and take him up on his offer to explore the city, but I’m not trying to be a home wrecker.


I also find it hard to believe that people, more specially women wear heels in this city. I for one love to wear heels no mater the circumstance, but I probably walked 10+ miles in a 24 hour period and had bloody blistery feet from shoes I wear all the time. I applaud the women who can wear heels because I just don’t think they are cut out for me in this city. Carrie Bradshaw lied to me with every high heel she purchased.

In regards to the fashion part of this blog it is tricky because none of my roommates have shown up yet to take my picture of what I am wearing and there is no full length mirrors in my dorm. I’m holding out for a roommate to show up with one. Until then I am going to trust that I look good and fake it til I make it. I can also already sense my style evolving and I love it. Until next time my friends!

P.S. I got the charger I needed for free

No comments:

Post a Comment