Tuesday, June 4, 2013

When Roommates Arrive


So today was a normal day, woke up ran around the city, making several wrong turns. But today the roommates came! 

DISCLAIMER: I would like to note that these are my very first impressions and they are subject to change.


Meradith: Clear skin, perfectly poised, sarcastic, plays lacrosse
Celebrity look alike: Alexis Bledel

Allie: funny, also sarcastic, also plays lacrosse, torn hamstring
Celebrity look alike: uhh doesn’t have one

Kara: (please note it is pronounced Car-uh) nice girl, Columbian boyfriend, gave us chocolates
When I speak of her via text I will only use the red car emoji


[I am little leery writing about these people however I have no intentions of telling them this blog exists or adding them on facebook. However in my pursuit to be honest as possible I am going to blog on without fear of the consequences.]

So Meradith and Allie are friends from Penn (which I was unaware was an Ivy League school). They have been to NYC a few times because they only live 2 hours away. Which is cool they know a little bit about the city but are still willing to explore. They have dude friends who are on the upper west side and the goal is to meet them and pray they are attractive and not douchy (rare combination). I really clicked with the both of them because they were friendly and open right off the bat and super sarcastic and funny. I only have 5 weeks left and I don’t have time to for shy timid people, this is NYC.

Which brings me to car-uh. Nice girl. Decided to go hang with her boyfriend the first day and totally missed out on the initial roommate bonding time. She is the one I share a room with. She has to wake up at 5am everyday which is pretty stupid since I can roll out of bed at 9am but worse things have happened. (I should also note the saying “worse things have happened” is my motto here when things go wrong.) Back to car-uh. She is really smart and her internship is at American Express where she works with all the Mexico clients. She speaks Spanish and is really unsure of how she will handle her internship. Which is annoying because clearly she is a genius if you talk to her for more than .5 seconds. While she is a nice person I am unsure if she is my kinda person, only time will tell.

Other notable people are:

Sam who reminds me of a tiny pixie with her hair and slender frame. She is very well accomplished, mentions her boyfriend every other sentence, extremely catholic, once lived on a floor with sorority women and told me she hates them. I don’t think we will be friends even though she invited me to a bar that Ernest Hemingway once ate at.

Anna Kay: Southern Bell, really good at beer pong, doesn’t have a mean bone in her body, I wish she would just have an opinion. Has a shitty boyfriend who tells her she’s fat…he’s gotta go.

Leann: CBS intern, odd hours 2am-noon, also someone who is just too nice, kinda gets annoying, but also a nice person. Not 21, doesn’t have a fake (stupid)

Georgetown boys: attractive investment banker interns, very generous with their booze, boarderline douchy but will tolerate it for free alcohol.



Well that seems to sum up the cast of characters in my life. Lets hope they don’t find this blog and hate me forever. And if they do, well I’m out of here in 5 weeks. Dueces. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chelsea! I think this blog is fantastic! Why are you in NYC for the summer? That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my grad school program we have to do an Internship. So this summer I am at Parsons in NYC helping the academic advising office develop an orientation program and meet with struggling students. Thank you for enjoying my blog! And Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete